SINGAPORE: Financial Technology is transforming financial services in a way not seen before: mobility, connectivity, digital payments, blockchains, big data… are just few of the new FinTech challenges and possibilities.
First organised in 2016 by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) in partnership with the Association of Banks in Singapore, the Singapore FinTech Festival aims to provide a platform for connection, collaboration and co-creation on Financial Technology in Singapore and beyond. This year, it will be held from the 12th to the 16th of November 2018.
Segments from previous editions of the Festival will be refreshed and enhanced.
- FinTech Conference & Exhibition – The programme will cover nine broad topics: Future of Banking, InsurTech, Capital Markets, Infrastructure Financing, Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology, Payments, Cyber Security, RegTech and Financial Inclusion.
- FinTech Investor Summit – to facilitate FinTech investment deals.
- Global FinTech Hackcelerator – The Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2018 is looking for the most innovative start-ups from across the globe who can address problem statements contributed by the global FinTech community and the financial services industry.
Start-ups are invited to apply to the programme before the 15th of June and demonstrate how their solutions can address industry pain points highlighted by their chosen problem statements. 20 teams will be selected for the 12 week hackcelerator programme, assigning a corporate champion to provide mentorship to help them customise their market- ready solutions into contextualised prototypes for industry adoption.
The top 3 start-ups will receive additional cash prize of $50,000 each.
- Innovation Lab Crawl – This island-wide event allows visitors to spend time at the innovation labs across more than 20 financial institutions, discovering the latest FinTech creations.
This year’s Festival will include two new elements:
- ASEAN FinTech Showcase – With Singapore’s Chairmanship of ASEAN in 2018, the Festival will highlight FinTech developments and opportunities in ASEAN and a showcase of innovative solutions from ASEAN countries.
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance Summit – The Summit will explore emerging AI solutions in trading, investment management, customer service and risk management. It will also include discussions on quantum computing as well as governance and ethics in the application of AI.
Find out more on http://fintechfestival.sg/