Studies show that commuting to the office is one of the most stressful times of the day and the level of discomfort and anxiety has only improved after the pandemic and long months of working from home. Through this little steps we would like to remind everyone who’s experiencing anxiety on their work place to take care of themselves and ask for help when needed.
- If you are feeling anxious engage in a deep breathing session for a couple of minutes to reduce arousal
- If you are getting nervous for a presentation, take a couple of minutes, write down your strengths and how you can utilize them
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, take five minutes for yourself, tied up your desk and focus on your present task.
- If you feel worried about a project or a deadline, talk to a colleague while having a break. It will help reducing pressure and your stress level will decrease.
- Remember to take regular small breaks that help going through the day
During the last two years 44% of the population in UK was a affected by work-related stress, depression or anxiety.
Today, after WFH and Covid-19 we invite everyone to ask for help when struggling with mental health and to embrace it.